Lauren Girard Adams
Lauren has been supporting leaders, teams and individuals in managing and resolving conflict for decades. Lauren works with clients at all levels — from leadership to individual contributors — as they move through conflict and improve workplace dynamics and overall culture. Lauren’s practice focuses on breaking down barriers to effective communication and teamwork, as well as identifying and building upon individual and team strengths to maximize collaboration and productivity.
Lauren’s experience includes training in Success Counseling, Powerful Non-Defensive Communication (PNDC) and Reflective Structured Dialogue (RSD). Lauren completed Champlain College’s Basic Mediation Course, the Advanced Mediation Training Program through Hess Gehris Solutions, and the NH Certified Family Mediation Training through Roundtable Mediation.
Prior to returning to New England, Lauren was a Clinical Assistant Professor of Law at Northwestern University Pritzger School of Law. While teaching at Northwestern, she advocated for youth in school expulsion proceedings and represented children in juvenile court. Prior to teaching at Northwestern, Lauren clerked for the Honorable Ruben Castillo of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Lauren also worked as an associate in the Employment & Compensation Group at Baker & McKenzie in Chicago.
I love helping contributors at all levels address, manage and resolve conflict in the workplace. Whether you are a front line service provider, a manager, a C-Suite executive, an HR professional, a health care provider, or other professional, I will help you assess and address the conflict challenges that are holding you and your team back from being your most productive. I will guide you as you shift from evading conflict to engaging in strategies for change so that you can focus on what is most important to you – your customers, your patients, your products, your services, your bottom line.
As someone who has lived on several continents, and has been active on many different non-profit boards, I understand the importance of listening thoughtfully and making room for diverse opinions. I value collaboration and transparency. I understand that strong relationships and excellent communication in the workplace are key to employee satisfaction and overall productivity and success.
You may contact me directly at Lauren@PrismConflictSolutions.com or call 603-696-4647.
- J.D., Cum Laude, Northwestern University School of Law
- B.A., Cum Laude, Skidmore College
- New Hampshire Bar News, Alternative Dispute Resolution: A Flexible Approach to ADR Assists Families in Transition
- New Hampshire Bar News, Family Law: Exploring Underused ADR Options for Families in Transition
- Hess Gehris Solutions
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Law, Northwestern University School of Law
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Ruben Castillo of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Associate, Employment & Compensation Group, Baker & McKenzie, Chicago
- Past Chair and Member of the Children’s Rights Litigation Committee of the ABA Section of Litigation
- Member, International Ombudsman Association
- Volunteer Mediator, NH Human Rights Commission
- Regional Board Member, Waypoint of NH
- Member and Past Chair, Upper Valley Regional Advisory Board, New Hampshire Charitable Foundation